Are you ready for some fun?
Back by popular demand for its third year, this event is a great way to have some fun while driving awareness for rare disease and raising funds for treatment for Leber congenital amaurosis, a rare form of retinal blindness.
Grab your family, friends, or co-workers and form a team of up to 5 to complete our “rare”-themed challenges.
There is a suggested minimum donation of $100 per team, but registration is free and anyone can join in on the fun. The more the merrier! At the end of scavenger hunt, all teams who have completed their challenges by the deadline will be entered into a drawing.
The prize? Hope in Focus will make a $250 donation (from the entry contributions) to a 501(c)3 nonprofit of the winner’s choosing! This way you’re not just helping Hope in Focus, you can also help another charity that is doing important work.
Register Your Team
- Registration opens on Monday, February 28, 2022.
- On the Rare Scavenger Hunt opening day, Thursday March 10, you will receive an email with the list of the challenges. We always provide more challenges than you’re required to complete so you can pick and choose which ones your team will tackle.
- Teams can register and join at any time during the event, but to win you must complete the challenges by the deadline at midnight (EST) on Monday, March 21, 2022.
- We’ve curated a list of challenges that you can complete in-person with your team, or with an all-virtual team. (What is Grandma doing these days? How about your college roommate?)
- You must complete the required tasks and minimum number of challenges to be entered into the drawing to win.
- The event takes place in a closed Facebook group dedicated to the Rare Scavenger Hunt, with select challenges involving more public-facing social media to helps us drive awareness of rare disease and Hope in Focus. Using the private Facebook group does two things:
- it allows us to track teams more easily
- (the best thing) we all get to enjoy watching other teams as they attempt TicToc dances, tell jokes, juggle, and generally show off their rare talents. If you needed a reason to smile or giggle a little each day in March, this is it!
CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS are a great way to engage your team in our IRD community and the work of Hope in Focus! Sponsorship is $1,000 and includes brand recognition on our website, in our social media (Hope in Focus’ public Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), and in email. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get your brand online ASAP.
With special thanks to our corporate supporters!
AGTC, Meira GTx, Spark Therapeutics, Editas Medicine, and Janssen